NEW! #RiseUpOctober Video
with music by Outernational
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO #RISEUPOCTOBER
Join Up with #RiseUpOctober!
Stop Police Terror–WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ON?
What you can do NOW:
1. Distribute promotional materials: Download palm cards, posters & the Rise Up October Call
Give them out in a laundromat, a library, a classroom, coffee shops, salons and barbershops.
2. Endorse the Call: As an individual, organization, union, school club,or religious group.
3. Make a donation to #RiseUpOctober via the Stop Mass Incarceration Network. Donations are tax-deductible.
4. Spread #RiseUpOctober #WhichSideAreYouOn via social media. Down load stuff here and use the hashtags #RiseUpOctober &
5. Neighborhoods hardest hit by police terror: Distribute flyers throughout the neighborhood.
6. Go to a local Rise Up October meeting. If there isn’t one plan one.
7. Be in touch with the national movement.
8. Organize your faith community, school, sorority, fraternity, union to get on the bus and get to NYC Saturday October 24.
Say Her Name: NY Protestors demand justice for Sandra Bland
The Death of Sandra Bland in Police Custody—and the Cradle-to-Grave Racism of Waller County, TX Read More DownloadPoster.pdf
Print out these posters 8.5 x 14, then copy 200% and tape them onto 20 x 30 boards! Get a team together and get out onto thoroughfares nationwide to extend condolences to Sandra Bland’s family and friends for their loss, to stand against this egregious killing at the hands of the police, and to declare you refuse to live in a society that does this to African Americans.
Sandra Bland traffic stop
Do You Want to Stop Police Murder?
Family and supporters of Eric Garner take to the streets to mark one year since he was killed by New York City cop who put him in banned chokehold (Article from England with Cool pics of NYC March on July 17. )
Carl Dix announces #RiseUpOctober at Manna Church in Cleveland